#hacktoberfest is now opt-in for projects https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/hacktoberfest-update
@raboof what do you have around?
I may be interested on collaboration.
@ekaitz_zarraga I don't have anything in particular in mind, but some options:
- nethogs, a small network monitoring utility in C. I've been getting some reports that it might be under-reporting, would be interesting if someone could diagnose that. https://github.com/raboof/nethogs/
- notion, a tiling window manager in C and Lua - I have some scenario's with workspaces and adding/removing monitors that could use some love https://github.com/raboof/notion
- chatbot-dialogue, a Rust script that lets chatbots talk among themselves, needs some loop detection logic https://git.sr.ht/~raboof/chatbot-dialogue
- I want to write a webserver in micropython to run it on an ESP32 and drive a relay. I have this sort of working in C, but this sometimes stops working and I'm having a hard time getting diagnostics on why, so using micropython and putting some diagnostics on an eink display hopefully helps there. Would also be open to improving the diagnostics for the C code, but not sure where to start :).
- akka, a library for concurrent and distributed programming written in Scala (targeting both Java and Scala) is my day-job, so happy to help out with anything there https://github.com/akka/akka
- Anything around making music on Linux I'd be happy to help out with https://linuxmusicians.com
- I made a browser ear training app in Elm, https://pitch.bzzt.net - happy to collaborate on improving that
- ... but usually the best way to contribute is to start on a project that you'd actually want to use yourself ;). What are your interests?
@raboof I may be interested in taking part in the first too.
I'll take a look to them.
My interests are soooo hard to define nowadays... I'm just a random guy.
Welcome to quey.org! quey is a general and moderated Mastodon instance. Publish anything you want: links, pictures, text, mp3 & video. All on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free.
Bienvenido a quey.org! Quey es una instancia general y moderada basada en Mastodon. Publica lo que quieras: enlaces, fotos, texto, audio; video. Todo en una plataforma que es propiedad de la comunidad y sin anuncios. Sientete libre