Ok. Tracking +500 gameservers on a shoe-string budget went from as much as AWS possible to back to an existing VM and from DynamoDB to MySQL. I tried! :D
@tybre75 Cool! Did it work?
Yeah...ish... I still need to find a reliable way to compile+store the scenarios played on the server, need a non-disruptive way to update server-list and the mysql connection had issues last night, but have NFC if the changes I made fixed this.
Other than that, working as intended. No big release yet, just a few links here and there. 🙂
@tybre75 Nice job! So you are planning to release it? :-)
@snder When I've solved these 3 issues along with a few weird bugs. I run into. Also might reconsider the use of memcached, since its now just a glorified GeoIP2 storage (which can just as easily be stored in the same MySQL row the server is in.) ( Ignoring DynamoDB for the time being. :-) )
@tybre75 Hmm.. I think that’s a smart idea indeed! 2 bird with one rock! Or something with flies as we like to say haha
@snder I found out why MySQL was giving issues: pymysql and multi-threading don't play well. So I am now in search of a new mysql library! :D
We are quey.org! We are a generalistic and moderated Mastodon instance for people of all colours and sizes. No ads, no tracking just be free.